Friday, July 6, 2012

It's all about the benjamins, baby......

Okay...well, maybe not benjamins...I guess more like washingtons.  Bottom line is...I got paid.  So, my funk is official O-V-E-R!  Hallelujah, praise the Lord.
Sad to say, but having a little bit of change in my pocket makes me in a MUCH better mood.  Today was my day off, so I got up early and headed to the mall to shop for Mr. D's upcoming birthday.  However, I got a little sidetracked while I was there.
I was feeling so crappy about myself because I've been doing nothing but working PLUS I've been broke, and we all know that women need beauty maintenance and without it a little funk can turn into a jump off the roof situation.  So, my eyebrows had not been done since I finished student teaching, so I treated myself to my first eyebrow threading.  Let me tell you....I will NEVER go back to waxing.  My eyebrows look amazing and it was super quick and to be honest, not as painful as I thought it was going to be.   Here's a video if you wanna see the threading process in action.

It was only $12 to get it done, which is about the same as waxing.....so you have to try it.  Hell, they can even thread your WHOLE FACE.  Which I am sure that the lady would have loved to recommend for me if she could have spoken any English, but I didn't have THAT kind of time and I'm sure neither did she.

Moving on....I then took a little visit to White House Black Market which is one of my favs, but usually not a fav of my budget or lack thereof.  I had been eyeing a certain top for the past six weeks, no joke.  The said top was on clearance, but still WAY higher than what any sane person would spend on a shirt.  Good thing I wasn't feeling very sane.  I bought it because it's all I have been obsessed with for the past six weeks, plus I lost 2.4 lbs this week at WW so it's my "push" present.  You see, I have friends who have husbands who buy them extravagant "push" presents when they have babies.  I guess it's a gift for actually pushing the thing out instead of deciding to hold it in????  Heck, I don't know.  Anyway, I bought this blouse for myself as a "push" present.....a reminder for me to continue to "push" my plate away from my face.
I will be putting this blouse in the back of my closet and when I wear it and my husband asks me when I got a new shirt....I will act as if he has offended me and swear up and down that I have had the blouse FOREVER and have worn it often, and that if he ever paid attention to me, he would know that the shirt was not new.  AND I will tell this lie with style and grace while looking fabulous in my new "push" present and will bow as I accept my Oscar. 

I also ordered my first official lesson planner for the school year from http://www.erincondren.com
Check her out....the stuff is SO cute. 

I got sucked into Books a Million on my way home and came out with three books, which I hope to read before schools starts.  I do have books at home to read....the second Fifty Shades book and a friend of mine let me borrow all of the Outlander series.  I've lost interest in Mr. Grey and I can't seem to get into the Outlander series despite desperately wanting to like them. Anyway, I bought The Hobbit, The House on Mango Street, and The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake.  I figured that since I am a Language Arts/Reading/English teacher, I should have read those first two....but I haven't.  I went into Books a Million to buy Gone Girl, but they were sold out.  So, instead of walking my happy butt back to my car....I stayed and bought those books.  Story of my life today.

Oh, and did I mention that I went to the tanning bed.  I mean, a girls gotta feel good about herself and the Casper look does not look good on this gal.  

In case you're wondering....I did buy Mr. D TONS of birthday presents, which hopefully will help him to forget that I have driven my car WAY over the required mileage for the next oil change in 5 million degree weather.

The moral to this post is that I just got paid and now I am almost broke again, but I sure did enjoy myself today immensely.  Warning....another funk is sure to be on the horizon as soon as I come to terms with how much money I now do not have.




1 comment:

  1. Every month I am über rich.... For bout 15 minutes! The high is so worth it! Happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete