Wednesday, July 4, 2012

I wanna take you to....funkytown

I'm in a major funk.  I've got no interesting stories because lately I haven't had much of a life.  I have done nothing but work at the PC day in and day out and try not to lose my mind...which is a full time job itself, let me tell you.  When I don't have time to do anything but work, I tend to get into a MAJOR funk.  So, here we are. 

So, in an effort not to spread my current negative mood....I am sharing some Pinterest crafting projects that I've done for our new casa.  Some of my pics aren't the best quality, but you'll get the gist of it.


This lovely project is in our office.  I wanted a poster or canvas of some of my favorite books with the quotes from each that I adored.  I found several posters at Teachers Discovery, but thought that surely I could make something cheaper.  Here it is.  A canvas of my favorite books  with the quotes from each that speak to me in some way or another.  All I did was print off the cover of the books from online, type up my favorite quotes from each book, and modge podge them onto a blank canvas. Easiest craft ever and saved myself a TON of money!

Saw this idea on Pinterest.  A cute way to dress up your thermostat.  Mr. D didn't understand it, but he's a man, so....

This is a horrible pic, but it was even more horrible without the flash.  Basically, I took a frame that I liked and put scrapbook paper behind the glass.  I then got a key made to our new home, painted it a tiffany blue, and mounted it on the scrapbook paper behind the glass.  Viola!  The key to our first house together in a beautiful frame. 


I confess, I'm a doily kinda gal.  I love them.  Period.  If that makes me an old lady, then so be it.  I painted several paper doilies to match my half bathroom and then modged podged them to a blank canvas.  Mr. D told me that he is not a doily kinda man, but since I'm in charge, the doily art stayed. Ha!

And finally, my favorite craft......

My mom bought us this GORGEOUS antique frame for a housewarming gift.  I bought the letters to our first names and the letter to our last name, wrapped them in yarn to match our bedroom, and hung them inside the frame.  It's definitely the focal point in the bedroom, and I double heart love it....despite the fact that the yarn wrapping part was a TOTAL pain in the hiney.

So, there  ya go folks...a little look into some of my completed crafts.

On another quick note, Kathy on the Real Housewives of New Jersey said something FREAKIN BRILLIANT on the last episode.  She said, "Sometimes the pride becomes bigger than the fight."  This is all TOO TRUE of a particular fight going on in my own family.  Perhaps the Jersey housewives can teach some of us stubborn Southern families a thing or two...... Just sayin.


1 comment: