Sunday, May 6, 2012

New beginnings....

I'm  beginning this blog with the hopes that it will keep me from losing my mind....ha.  No really, I'm starting a new career in the fall that I've worked a long time to achieve.  My hope is that the kids don't make me lose my mind and that I only cry in the parking lot after school a max of one time every couple of weeks and that it is not in front of my principal or any fellow coworkers.

Now, on to the mundane. 
Today is Sunday and my fleshy butt should be in church.  Instead, I am sitting uncomfortably in my recliner so not to disturb the cat beside me that is sleeping.  Who's house is this?  Well, the fact that I am sitting like a contortionist should give you the obvious answer. Duh.
Since I am not working at the PC (shocking.) I am catching up on all the blogs that I follow, wondering why I follow as many as I do.  I seem to have little in common with many of the blogs or their authors. I do not live in a ginormous house, nor am I a stay at home mom with a seemingly endless amount of money to spend and trips to take.  For that matter, I am not a "mom" at all....unless you count that I am a mother of sorts to two cats and an evil stepmother to one thirteen year old.  So, why do I follow one's blog when I am neither "tidy" nor a "mom"?  Well, I have high hopes that one day I will have the opportunity to live a seemingly perfect life complete with a massive house, gorgeous children, unlimited amounts of money to shop and travel, and an equally unlimited amount of time search for hidden treasures and craft my heart out.  And when that day happens, I will need to refer to the above mentioned blogs for guidance.

Until then, I will spend my summer trying not to lose my mind working at the PC before my big girl job begins in August.  I will also be partaking in two of my favorite things:  reading and sun worshiping...one of which will have me looking on the outside one day what I already feel currently on the inside....80 years old.

Since today is Sunday and we have Sunday dinner every Sunday night, I guess I'll peel myself out of this recliner and go to Publix for the ingredients for my homemade spaghetti and meatballs.  Now, how do I get out of the chair without disturbing the sleeping cat on the foot rest?

Toot-a-loo!

1 comment:

  1. love your blog! aren't they fun to read??? and the less you have in common with the writers, strangely, the more interesting they can be-kinda like being a virtual voyeur. swing by my blog sometime to check out my reading list. i would love to see who you are following (i added you to my reading list-fyi). click on the design/layout tab to add more sidebar features to your blog. i will be returning...soon...keep writing!!! oh, and let's make a pool date for the summer.

    ReplyDelete