Thursday, May 31, 2012

I am fiending...

I have a confession to make.....I am a smoker.  Or rather I WAS a smoker until my birthday last Tuesday, May 22st.  I had my last super tasty cigarette that Monday night at approximately 9:45pm.  It was an otherwise uneventful day. 
Let me elaborate.  I never was a heavy smoker.  I smoked about 4-5 cigs a day, so a pack lasted me anywhere from 4-5 days.  I decided to quit cold turkey on my birthday because hell, it seemed just as good as a day as any other.  Upon hearing that I quit, my husband, who smoked about a pack a day for the last 18 years also decided to quit.  He is also working out daily and eating healthy.  He has been taken over by aliens apparently.

I had no idea that he was quitting until I called him a week or so ago and here's a direct transcript of the conversation:
Mr D:  (in a voice not unlike people that are possessed) "I just got a $75 ticket for not wearing my seatbelt, plus I'm not smoking anymore so I'm just really pissed off."
Me:  "Oh, I didn't know that you quit smoking?!"
Mr D:  "WELL, THAT'S WHAT THAT MEANS WHEN YOU DON'T BUY ANYMORE CIGARETTES AT THE STORE."
Me: (in my most patient voice EVER) "I'm sorry....I didn't know that you hadn't bought anymore...."
Mr. D:  "WELL, THAT'S WHAT I AM TRYING TO TELL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!" (said with the tone as if "I" am the idiot that cannot read his mind...."

Needless to say, I got off the phone QUICKLY.

Quitting has been relatively easy for me, except for today.  I found myself becoming really anxious about something and actually had to talk myself out of trying to smoke old butts out of the ash tray outside that the stray neighborhood cats have probably since used as a litter box.

Reminded me of this clip....minus the cheesy song and message at the end. blah.

I am proud to say that I am still smoke free....for now. 
Just to recap my life.  In the past several weeks, I have had the bladder infection from hell, I no longer enjoy food because of the diet, and I no longer get to enjoy cigarettes.  I am convinced that one of two things is happening...

1.  I am being punished by God for reading and immensely enjoying Fifty Shades of Grey.
or
2.  This is the boring life of people that are actually healthy and fit (minus the bladder infection, of course).  That, I am sure, I received from WAY too much "Gray" time with Mr.D.  My body is clearly rejecting the "twice in one week" experience that Mr. D enjoyed with much incredulity.  

1 comment: