Monday, May 21, 2012

Quickie....



Just a quick post.  Tomorrow is my birthday and several weeks ago, I made one of the best decisions of my life.  I started a Pinterest board titled "Birthday List."  I decided to do this so that Mr. D would have less anxiety ridden nights deciding on the perfect birthday/Christmas/anniversary gift for me.  So, it worked like a charm.  Mr. D gave me my gifts last night since he has to work on my actual birthday.  I received an iTunes gift card, a Visa gift card, a gift card to one of my favorite places in the whole wide world...Firehouse Subs, a Hungry Girl cookbook, and this beauty right here....


Magnification Mirror


This jewel is from Bed Bath and Beyond and provides fluorescent lighting with 8x magnification.  Mr. D told me that this mirror should last me for the rest of my life, which in his terminology means that he spent a lot of money on it.  That and he "accidentally" left the price tag on it.  Whatever.
Lord Have Mercy.  One look into this baby and you will be convinced that your face is covered with nothing but long hair and that your ancestors MUST be Sasquatches and that your pores closely resemble this.....




 Your friendly neighborhood pothole.  I was AMAZED at everything that I could see in this mirror:  the potholes, the hair, the sun damage.  After 10 minutes, I was convinced that I was the most unattractive human on the planet.

But oh,  this mirror is a plucker's DEEEE-LITE.....
So, if you need me for the next couple of hours before I have to be at the PC, you can find me in front of this baby plucking away any hairs that look at me the wrong way!

Hopefully I won't become overly obsessed and pluck all of my eyebrow hairs off and be FORCED, like this lady, to tattoo pics of my cats where my eyebrows used to be.




 YIKES!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment